Sunday, June 12, 2011

Make your bed, part 1

So this is my new blog layout. Let me know if you think it sucks.

I had a full day today. With the removal of 3 trees and 2 large branches, the sunshine profile of my side yard has changed dramatically this year. What was once a shady corner is now ripe for a garden bed or two.


I'm thinking two raised beds, one will be 8' x 6', and the other will be 6' x 6'. To that end, I spent the morning at Home Depot picking up the cedar necessary for the first bed. I then cut the wood to the required dimensions:


After a late lunch, I assembled the pieces into the box you see below. It was a pretty easy project. I just need to determine the final location of the box, then dig the holes for the anchor posts:


Eric and Diego came by in the afternoon to help me flip the box and move it to it's temporary location. I think it looks pretty good.


I finished off the evening at the Black Star Co-op with Pete and Glenn and stories from their UK and Italy trips. Nothing like sharing a cold liquid dinner with friends after a long hot day in the sun.

No comments: