Thursday, June 2, 2011

BV

As I watched "Blue Valentine" tonight, I reflected on what makes relationships work. You'd think I'd have a better clue at my age, especially when I'm surrounded by successful examples. But the truth is, I don't really know. I'm certain common goals, laughter, growth, passion and dedication form parts of the equation - although that seems overly simplistic. Then again, perhaps I'm over-thinking and it's an even simpler quadratic, and I just have too many variables.

Regardless, it's an uncomfortable film - especially if you'd had the good fortune of being in a relationship long enough to grow apart.

I'm not a movie critic, but Mick LaSalle is. And I thought his review of "Blue Valentine" in the San Francisco Chronicle was the best I'd read - you can find it here.

The story behind the soundtrack song, "You and Me", is also an interesting one. Enjoy.




Btw, Ron's birthday was yesterday, and today is my sisters' birthdays. Salud!


No comments: