Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cha-cha-changes

I stepped on the scale this morning and noticed I've lost 10 lbs in the past 3 months (I'm down to my preferred weight of 175). I credit most of that to running more and biking some. Thankfully, Betsy likes to be active and outdoors.

I've also been trying to eat better. Recently, that consists of making lots of chicken and cheese sandwiches for dinner (it's quick, easy, and I'm a bit lazy after work). But I ran out of chicken a couple of days ago. So last night I made sauteed spinach and portobello mushrooms to go with my ribeye (the red wine sauce never reduced enough to be considered a sauce - more like a red wine bath):


Yesterday, I also sent off my passport to be renewed. It's been 14 years since my last passport picture. The old picture is from my Houston days when I was a supervisor for a ginormous (sorry, that should be GINORMOUS) engineering company - hence the shirt and tie and smug expression. Happily, times have changed. And it seems, so has my tan:



No comments: