Tuesday, June 28, 2011

If you can't stand the heat...

I made my 4th of July reservations for Davis Mountains State Park this morning. It's a 7 hour drive, but it'll be nice to escape the heat (highs in the mid 80's, lows in the mid 50's), and I could use some alone time. I'll be primitive camping 2 nights (4 mile hike in, 4 mile hike out), but the last night I'll be staying in the Indian Lodge. I booked one of the original 1930s rooms on the 2nd floor. It's suppose to have nice views, original furnishings, a king size bed, and a fireplace. After 3 days of not showering, it's going to feel like paradise.


3 comments:

Dustin said...

Check out Marfa, TX while your there I here it's pretty cool.

aghorn said...

Cool. Hopefully, the mountain lions will be taking vacation somewhere else.

misterpolyhistor said...

I hope to take a day trip out to Marfa. They have some great food there.

And yes, hopefully, the mountain lions will be vacationing with those who are slower or at least have more food.