Sunday, October 3, 2010

Grooming

Thus far, my efforts to have my back yard declared a wildlife preserve have met with little success. Thankfully, Hyde Park does not have an HOA. If it did, I don't think this would make them very happy:


Unlike my front yard, I rarely receive complements on my back yard. Guess it was time to do something about it.


So far the weekend has just been gorgeous. Yesterday was a great day for a bike ride. Getting to see Cedar Park was just an added bonus.

Oh, and speaking of riding, I saw the following segment (pun intended) on how bike chains are made recently. Makes me wonder how chains were made before companies had million dollar machines to do most of the work.



WHOA - did the narrator in the video just refer to my neighborhood as 'the hood'? - damn, those Canadians are progressive. And urban.

2 comments:

aghorn said...

Great job on the yard. Hmm... a side vocation??

Anonymous said...

that yard needs a pumptrack