Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bikes, brunch, beer and bbq

I managed to get in both a run and a bike ride this weekend,so I'm feeling pretty good about myself.

Also this weekend, I wandered downtown to the Livestrong village with Dustin and Emily Sue Saturday. Even got a chance to say hi to Levi Leipheimer while I was there.


Afterward, it was a 7 mile run around Town Lake - btw, 7 miles only because I forgot where to turn off for the 5 mile loop. That said, I'm feeling inspired and am thinking of running the Austin Marathon again. My training has always been rather informal, but I do have a new game to check if I'm running the 2nd half of the course faster than the 1st. The idea, after all, is to finish strong. Since, I don't wear a watch, but I do run with a tiny iPod shuffle, my trick is to start my play list, run the first half of the course, then rewind to the beginning of my play list and try to finish the 2nd half of the course before I get to the same point in the play list. I'm not sure I'm explaining that too well, but it works for me.

Sunday, Pete, Glenn and I rode the Spicewood Springs loop. It was overcast and breezy. And except for the humidity, kind of a nice morning.

Later that night I stopped by Pete's to witness his and Glenn's latest brew session.


And to check out their new conical fermenter. It's a stainless steel marvel.


And thanks again Maria Elena for grilling the fajitas.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Only you would have a hot dentist who would go out to eat with you!

misterpolyhistor said...

You should meet my auto mechanic.